As I have watched all the stuff about the inauguration of now President Barak O'Bama, there is a lingering question I have: Why do the news shows think we are impressed that their announcers stand out in the cold to make their reports?! I am always baffled by this procedure. Jim Cantori of the weather channel does the same thing when there is a hurricane. He stands in water knee deep with the wind whipping around and trees parallel to the ground. Chris Champion of Good Morning America will put on a pair of waders or don his overcoat and make his report from cities across America. I repeat, I am not impressed.
This morning on Fox and Friends Gretchen and Steve and Brian were sitting on the balcony of a building with the Capitol in the background, all three wrapped up like teddy bears (a simile my mother often uses) with vapor rising from their mouths with each word they spoke. Then each of the pundits sat out there with them, imparting their wisdom on various topics. I truly question their wisdom. I just wish one of them had refused because it was too cold. After all, it was 16 degrees when they went on air this morning at 4:00 CST. Yes, I was up watching the whole thing!!
I know the events of the day must go on, and I am glad the news outlets want to give us up-to-the-minute coverage, but please get these people inside.
No comments:
Post a Comment