
Okay, here is a shout out to our friends Shirley and Jay. Congrats on the Cotton Bowl win.
To those of you reading this post, this shout out probably seems like blasphemy since I am an avowed MSU fan. I am not as rabid as some I know (Laura and Chase) when it comes to pulling for or should I say against Ole Miss. I wish them the best when they play anyone but State.
A bit of history: During the early years of our marriages, Shirley and Jay and Lance and I use to attend the Ole Miss-State games together, going back to the time when the game was held in Jackson. At one time Shirley was a State fan, but over the years she has been worn down by all those Turners and even her own children, who both attended Ole Miss.
When we would attend the games, Shirley and I would sit on the State side and Lance and Jay would sit on the Ole Miss side. How about that for a house divided?!! But, Shirley just couldn't stand up to the barrage of Hotty Toddy ringing in her ears season after season.
1 comment:
That was 'special'... coming from a special friend. I know that took a lot and you likely took a good ribbing from C&L, but I appreciate the thought. I doubt we'll reinitiate the Egg Bowl trips with 5 grandkids around - Until - those grandkids get to the age they want to go to the games!! Then we'll find a way!! Love you; your roudy Rebel Friend
Post a Comment