I remember when we broke up housekeeping for Lance's mom, I was amazed at the age of some of the furniture--a couch that was 40 years old, lamps that were even older, and a turquoise Formica kitchen table (now known as mid-century modern) that had its beginnings in the 50s. The kitchen appliances were the brown that was popular in the 60s, and the kitchen counters still had the original turquoise laminate counter tops that were installed in '63.
I know many of you are saying, " Yes, I know what you are talking about." And I also know there comes an age when we just don't see any sense in making changes for the sake of making changes, but I hope I don't get in that rut. I like classic things and don't go for the faddish stuff, but when a refrigerator is 28 years old, it is time to get another one.
So this past week, I got a new stainless steel side-by-side frig. It is pretty and holds more stuff than my old frig. There is nothing really wrong with my old frig other than it is old and a bit worse for wear and tear and that it is as old as Laura. As a matter of fact, it is older than she by 6 months. Anyway, the old one has been retired to the shop for extra frig space, and the new one now takes its place of honor in the kitchen.
Put out to pasture
Wow, with the new frig sitting so close to the stove, it really shows the stove to be a bit dated, too. I feel a new stove coming on. This may be a harder job to pull off. I am not known for my cooking. Just ask Lance. He will tell you that he doesn't need a stove, old or new, to fix a bowl of cereal.
In all its shining glory
3 comments:
yay! maybe now i can open in the door in the morning without it crashing into your bedroom door and waking everyone up.
Love the fridge but I loved the story of the fridge more... Mr. Lance was a hoot that night!!!
you go girl!
Post a Comment