Friday, December 19, 2008

Mine Is the One in the Front

"The more things change the more they stay the same." I don't know to whom to credit that quote, but the older I get the more true it is. When Laura was growing up, we could always count on the grandparents being at our side whenever she did something special: an awards ceremony in school. a Christmas program at school or church, kindergarten, CDA, Pillow, Ole Miss and Pharmacy School graduations, basketball games galore, and even more tennis matches. Well, I became the grandparent this week when William was in his first church Christmas program. And yes, I was just as proud as our parents were even though he did pick his nose a bit, yawn, and almost get into it with the little boy who wanted him to change places where they were standing. It was high 5s all around when the program was over. I guess there were other children up front, but I didn't see them!!

Check out the video. He's the cute one in the middle in the white shirt.

1 comment:

Thomas & Amber Ryan said...

i will keep checking... you should do it. not too hard, and hilarious!!! merry christmas to you and yours!