Hey, Mama. Kakki said I could bring this play dough home! Can I? Can I?
William's biscuits that he and Poppa made made using train-shaped cutters
William's biscuits that he and Poppa made made using train-shaped cutters Saturday was a busy day with Mamoo and Poppa Taylor's coming over to spend some time with the boys and my getting ready for our Thanksgiving lunch at the church on Sunday, plus our church hosting the Community Thanksgiving service that evening with a reception after. The kids are familiar with our church, so they played in the nursery and ran back and forth between it and the fellowship hall, endearing themselves to those helping get stuff ready.
Did you know you can stuff a whole cup cake in your mouth?
Told ya it would fit!
Sunday morning we headed to SS and Church, where William made a turkey out of rice crispy treats and fruit loops (Thanks, Mrs. Amy). We had a great lunch and then went home for naps. The big boy and the little boys were exempt from the evening service, after which I returned and gave baths and got the little people, as Laura calls them, to bed. I fell promptly to sleep on the couch and later stumbled to bed.
Monday morning started early at 6:45 a.m.; that's early for me, anyway. I didn't feel very peppy, but that is usually the way I am in the morning. I have to work on getting up, but when there are two little ones, I have to hit the floor running whether I want to or not. As the morning wore on, I could not shake the queasy feeling, and then it hit, THE BUG!!!!! You know the kind--you don't know if you are to sit on the commode or to hang you head over it. It was down hill from there, and Lance was now in charge. I literally died in the bed and did not know day from night. The only thing I did know was the path to the bathroom.
Later in the afternoon, Lance began to get sick, but being the martyr I am not, he did his best to take care of the boys on his own. Our only saving grace was that Laura called to say she and Chase thought they would come on to Inverness on Monday and head to Madison on Tuesday, instead of making a long trip of it on Tuesday. I know that Lance must have thought, "THANK YOU, LORD!" The reason I know this is that we have been studying in SS how important it is to be thankful in our daily lives "always and in everything" and because he was soooooo sick.
The kids got here and I did not lay eyes on them until Tuesday morning just before they got ready to head to Madison. They packed up and headed out to smiles and waves all around. As the taillights headed away from Inverness, Lance fell in the bed not to get up until 3:00 in the afternoon.
By mid morning I was among the land of the living and ready to get my house back in order. You know how I am about order in my life. Anyway, all is good now, and there is peace and quiet in my house except for the wonderful music playing on my new Ipod dock that Laura brought to me as a belated b'day present. Right now "How Beautiful the Body of Christ" is playing, and I am looking forward to the visit of family tomorrow for Thanksgiving.
There are so many things I am thankful for this year, and as think on them, I hope you will think on yours too and be sure to thank God for all those blessings. But I find it hard to say, "Thank you for the bug." Lord, you will have to help me with this one. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
P. S. I also found out that Lance and I were not the only ones to get THE BUG. Several members of our church have been fighting it or should I say giving in to it. I don't think there is any way to conquer it.
Later in the afternoon, Lance began to get sick, but being the martyr I am not, he did his best to take care of the boys on his own. Our only saving grace was that Laura called to say she and Chase thought they would come on to Inverness on Monday and head to Madison on Tuesday, instead of making a long trip of it on Tuesday. I know that Lance must have thought, "THANK YOU, LORD!" The reason I know this is that we have been studying in SS how important it is to be thankful in our daily lives "always and in everything" and because he was soooooo sick.
The kids got here and I did not lay eyes on them until Tuesday morning just before they got ready to head to Madison. They packed up and headed out to smiles and waves all around. As the taillights headed away from Inverness, Lance fell in the bed not to get up until 3:00 in the afternoon.
By mid morning I was among the land of the living and ready to get my house back in order. You know how I am about order in my life. Anyway, all is good now, and there is peace and quiet in my house except for the wonderful music playing on my new Ipod dock that Laura brought to me as a belated b'day present. Right now "How Beautiful the Body of Christ" is playing, and I am looking forward to the visit of family tomorrow for Thanksgiving.
There are so many things I am thankful for this year, and as think on them, I hope you will think on yours too and be sure to thank God for all those blessings. But I find it hard to say, "Thank you for the bug." Lord, you will have to help me with this one. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
P. S. I also found out that Lance and I were not the only ones to get THE BUG. Several members of our church have been fighting it or should I say giving in to it. I don't think there is any way to conquer it.
No comments:
Post a Comment