My Traveling Compainons: Front left to right--D.K., Betty Aden, Paula Simmons; Back--Drew McDowell, John Brindley, Natlie Peeler, Irene Long, Debbie Woodruff, Louise Lowe, Mary Ruth Brindley, Dianne McDowell, Susan Jordon, Lisa Morehead (not pictured)Each adult was assigned a student who was to keep up with him or her, thus the term keeper. Every time we gathered to leave for a destination, we had a count off in which the students would sound off if their adult was there and ready to depart. My keeper was Haiden Rogers, and we were #10. I must say Haiden did a great job keeping up with me. No Pisa incident this year.
The Kids: Front Left to right--Lauren Simmons, Mary Nelson Robertson, Laura Polk, Caroline Jordon, Anne Hall Brashier; Second Row--Megan Kay Donahoe, Sarah Nan Randle, Ashely Giglo, Haiden Rogers, Dylan Watson; Third Row--Morgan McDowell, Trey Donahoe, and Steve YoungOur group departed from IA at 1:30 p.m. and traveled by bus to the airport in Memphis. We arrived at 4:45 and checked our baggage and passed through security without any major incidents. I had forgotten I had a bottle water in my bag. Needless to say, that bottle was confiscated. Getting our shoes on, we headed to get something to eat and prepared to board our flight.
Waiting for the plane in Memphis. Notice how fresh we look. It won't be that way when we return!We boarded our flight to Amsterdam at 7:00 p.m. and left the ground at 7:30. The six hour flight was awful for me. I was sitting on the inside of a five-seat aisle, no leg room or wiggle room. The food was not good, but I did manage to watch the movie, The Changling. We had a two-hour layover at Amsterdam, where we refueled and prepared to board again for Barcelona, our first stop on our trip. We endured the two hour flight, arrived at 2:30 p.m. Spain time on March 13, unloaded, claimed our baggage, and were ready to face our first day of checking out Spain.
2 comments:
I was just getting into your story and it stopped!!
Is this where you got kidnapped?
DK..... Oh my gosh, I can't believe you went to spain. What great photos. Yeah, I am new to this blogging thing. Trying to find time to get online.
Post a Comment