Thursday, September 18, 2008

Just a swingin'

Those who know me well know that one of my favorite pleasures is sitting in my swing on my patio. I enjoy sitting there in the mornings reading my devotional, praying, drinking my coffee, and watching and listening to the goings on in my yard. I love snoozing there on Sunday afternoons. I look forward to the evenings when Lance and I visit and solve all the problems of the world. In other words, I think the world would be a better place if everyone had a swing.

We have several bird feeders that bring in all kinds of birds, along with hummingbird feeders and corn feeders for the squirrels. Now, my friend Jay says I am crazy to feed the squirrels, but my philosophy is that if I feed them they will stay out of my bird feeders. Also, I get to watch the flowers come and go in their seasons. But most of all, I just get to be content with my wonderful, blessed life.

The last few days have been cooler, and I fear our hummingbirds are getting ready to leave, so I have been keeping the feeders full, with the help of Lance, to help them get strength for their flights. We have had as many as 20 or more flitting around and dive bombing anyone who gets in their paths of flight. The pictures of the hummers are a bit blurred because I zoomed in too much, but you can see then tanking up.



No comments: