For what it is worth, my observation is that blogs will soon take over as the annual Christmas letter. So, here is a quick review of the Barias in 2007.We can't complain. Life has been good and the blessings have been many. Work has taken up most of our lives, with golf and tennis for Lance and yard work and visiting the kids for me. My big news is that I retired from Mississippi Delta after 25 years.* Two years ago I left the classroom and went to work in the library. I now work only two days a week in the library. The first semester has passed quickly, and I am not sure where the time has gone. My house is as clean as it is going to get, and I don't see a lot of constructive accomplishments so I am praying to find some pu
rpose in my retirement. I have helped out with the Sunflower County elections and have enjoyed meeting and getting to know some new people. It is nice also to be able to go to Tupelo on a whim and see Laura and Chase and the boys. As for Lance, the answer to everyone who calls and wants to know if he is at home is, "Is the sun shining?" If the answer is yes, then they know he is on the golf course. I'm not sure how long he is going to last getting up in the mornings and leaving me in the bed as he leaves for work at 6:30 a.m. He has close to 30 years in the retirement system. When he does retire, my question will be, "Can a man play golf everyday? Lance's answer will be, "Sure he can!"Chase and Laura are doing well and have been living in Tupelo for a year and a half. Grandson #2, Wesley Lance Henson, was born on May 11.
At first we thought we had a clone of William, but Wes has developed his own personality, and even though it is obvious he and William are brothers, Wes does have his own features that set him apart. It was rough going at the beginning for Mama Laura, but fairly soon she got Wes whipped into shape and on a schedule. I'm not sure how she does it all. I know I am worn out after keeping the boys for a week-end and that is with Lance's help! William started to preschool in the fall, going two days a week in the morning. Chase stays busy at the hospital. They are both happy MSU fans since the football season was good.My parents are doing fairly well. Daddy is having some problems with his eyesight because of
macular degeneration. Wow! He will be 80 on January 25. Lance's mom is still at the veterans nursing home in Jackson and hospice staff visits her every other day. She doesn't know us and has given us several scares but is still fighting to live. She is 84.
We had a Baria/Makamson get together in October and and among the pictures we took there is one of Mary's 8 great grandchildren. *Note on retirement. My Lali friends took me to the gulf coast for a
retirement week-end. I had not been to the coast since Katrina, and the amount of devastation was amazing. The highlight was getting to eat at Emeril's new restaurant in Gulfport. The meal was delicious. If you can't figure it out, I am the one with the tiara! Sometime soon, I will enlighten readers about the Lalis and our adventures.
retirement week-end. I had not been to the coast since Katrina, and the amount of devastation was amazing. The highlight was getting to eat at Emeril's new restaurant in Gulfport. The meal was delicious. If you can't figure it out, I am the one with the tiara! Sometime soon, I will enlighten readers about the Lalis and our adventures. To you all, we hope you have a wonderful Christmas and wish you a prosperous 2008! DK
1 comment:
You are really making me want to do a blog! Put up some pics of William and Grace!
Post a Comment